I LOVE Panera. It brings happiness to my heart, warms my soul, and brings a smile to my face. But in all seriousness though, Panera Bread is pretty darn delicious. I go there literally all the time. and like the loner that I am, I often go by myself to eat lunch/dinner and do work. I do go with my friends, too…I’m not that much of a loser. But anyway- during the Fall season I always order the Orchard Harvest Salad (with a side choice of the whole grain baguette). Deliciousness. It’s a pretty wholesome/filling salad, too.I decided to try my own hand at making this salad (with a homemade cherry balsamic vinaigrette). Check it out….
Panera’s Orchard Harvest Salad with a Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- spring/field mix
- D’Anjou pears
- toasted pecans
- grilled chicken breast
- dried cherries
- Gorgonzola Cheese
Ingredients for Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 C balsamic vinegar
- 1 T sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 C cherry preserves
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- 1/4 C canola oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions for Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the balsamic vinegar, sugar and garlic and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar.
- Simmer the mixture, uncovered, until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cherry preserves and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature
- whisk in the red wine vinegar followed by the canola oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Serve with a warm baguette and enjoy
Question: What is your favorite thing to order at Panera Bread?