I love dining out in Philadelphia. One of my favorite places to go is Audrey Claire by Rittenhouse Square (a review for this restaurant is coming soon!). From appetizers, salads, entrees, and desserts, the food is seasonal, fresh, and delicious. Last week, I had dinner with my sisters there and I started with a salad that I had never ordered before. I loved it so much and could not stop thinking about it; I had to go back two days later to get it again. Then practically three days later, I finally decided to recreate it at home since it was a little expensive to keep going out to dinner! Finally, I present you with Roasted Pumpkin and Parsnips, Locatelli Cheese, Golden Raisins, with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds dressed in a Fig Vinaigrette over Arugula. I was really surprised how great this came out. I highly recommend that you give this a shot at home. The combination of flavors and textures is fantastic and you will find yourself craving this again and again. I’m already looking forward to making this again. I served a very large portion of this salad for dinner along with Roasted Portabellas and Crusty Bread. You can also serve a smaller portion of this salad before your main entree.
Roasted Pumpkin & Parsnips, Locatelli Cheese, Golden Raisins, & Roasted Pumpkin Seeds in a Fig Vinaigrette over Arugula
- 5 oz. Arugula
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 Parsnips (depending on size)
- 1 cooking pumpkin (you may also use butternut squash or acorn squash)
- Block of Locatelli Cheese, Shaved
- Shredded Locatelli Cheese
- Golden Raisins
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Fig Vinaigrette, recipe below
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and cut pumpkin (or other squash) into small cubes.
- Peel and cut parsnips into small strips.
- Place parsnips on one side of baking pan and pumpkin on the other side. Toss with Olive Oil and Kosher Salt.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until parsnips start to brown and pumpkin is cooked and juicy.
- Place Arugula into salad bowl. Toss with dressing until all leaves are coated. Toss in a handful of shredded Locatelli.
- Evenly divide arugula into 2 bowls.
- Evenly top each bowl with Roasted Pumpkin and Parsnips.
- Toss a handful of Golden Raisins into each bowl along with shaved Locatelli Cheese.
- Top each salad with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds.
Fig Vinaigrette (from Cooking Light)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 dried Black Mission figs, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine balsamic vinegar and figs in a small saucepan over high heat, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer until reduced to 1/3 cup (about 5 minutes).
- Combine the fig mixture, 6 tablespoons water, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
- Place the fig mixture in a small bowl. Stir in shallots, thyme, and garlic. Add extra virgin olive oil and salt; stir well with a whisk.
Questions: What dish from a restaurant have you recreated at home? Or what dish do you want to recreate at home?