Last week I told you about my favorite store bought granola. I also said that I would be attempting to make this granola at home. Although my attempt was not spot on, the granola still turned out great. This makes a lot of granola and is much cheaper than buying granola at the store. Another fantastic recipe that I love is my Everyday Granola from Bon Appetit.
Honey Pecan Granola(My attempt at recreating The Granola Factory’s granola)
- 3 cups of Rolled Old-Fashioned Oatmeal
- 1 cup Wheat Bran (I just realized that I accidentally used Wheat Germ)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 tsp salt (maybe add a tad extra)
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, wheat germ, pecans, salt, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and ginger.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine the honey and butter. Melt together until smooth.
- Pour the honey & butter mixture into the oat mixture and mix until dry ingredients are coated with wet ingredients.
- Pour mixture onto parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Allow granola to cool. Granola will harden as it cools.
Question: Do you have a favorite recipe for Granola that you would recommend that I try?