That little girls seems SUPER excited to eat that brussel sprout, eh? (yes, I am a Canadien now). For some reason, a lot of people grimace at the thought or sight of a brussel sprout. Perhaps I was just a strange child but I have always LOVED brussel sprouts. Maybe people dont like brussel sprouts because they prepare them in a plain way (either boiled or steamed- although I like them prepared this way, too)…who knows! But this recipe for brussel sprouts is really tasty. My Mom found this in a magazine (I am not sure which one) and we decided to make it along with dinner tonight. Our dinners at home USUALLY never feature any exciting side dishes- they are typically just “plain-jane” type of side dishes…so it was nice to add some flavor and shake things up a bit!!
- 2 pounds of Brussel Sprouts, yellowed leaves and stem end trimmed off
- 1/4 C pecans, chopped
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1 tsp kosher oil
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 T unsalted butter
- little bit of grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place a casserole dish inside to heat up
- Quarter the brussel sprouts and add them to the hot casserole dish along with the pecans, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss the vegetables to coat and then bake for 20-30 minutes, until tender and very lightly browned
- Remove from the oven, toss with butter & parmesan cheese, and serve hot.
P.S. What is your favorite vegetable? What is your favorite veggie side dish recipe?