Brown Butter Peach Crumble Bars

by Mary & Christina on August 4, 2011 · 6 comments

Last week, Jessica from How Sweet It is, featured a recipe for Brown Butter Peach Crumble Bars.  From the moment I saw this recipe, I knew I had to make it.  Especially because I always seem to have peaches that are always going overripe on me.  This recipe sounded so perfect and I could only imagine how much better it would be with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.  Now, don’t be fooled by the picture.  After I took the picture you better believe I scooped some more ice cream and peach bar on that plate!  Which brings me to the serving size of this dessert.  Jessica’s recipe says “makes 12 bars.”  I’m sure I could have figured out a way to cut 12 bars, but then everyone’s serving size would be miniature.  So I decided to keep it simple and write “serves 4 people.”

These bars are honestly perfect for dessert or just a snack.  They are not super sweet so I would say that they definitely could be eaten for breakfast as well.  Whenever you decide to eat them, they are well worth it.  This is a super simple and delicious way to enjoy the season’s peaches.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Stephanie August 5, 2011 at 4:43 pm

oooo gosh, you guys always have the greatest recipe. i need to try this. what a perfect scoop of icecream. i always add more but it goes kind of like one scoop then oo well i will just have another spoonful, well maybe just one more…and more and more..lol

2 Mary & Christina August 5, 2011 at 7:26 pm

we are making a cherry/peach cobbler for dinner tonight (with homemade vanilla bean ice cream…ughhhhh) so save some extra peaches so you can try the next recipe out, too! haha and dont feel bad- do you really think we ate just that little baby scoop? NO! that was just to make pretty picture! haha we had about 3x that amount! oink oink have a good weekend :)

-Tina

3 Stephanie August 6, 2011 at 8:27 am

Nice love it! You ladies are such amazing cooks!!! Can you please teach me or forget it can i just come for dinner

4 Paige @ Running Around Normal August 7, 2011 at 1:30 pm

so glad I clicked over here and found your blog – and thus this recipe! This sounds amazing:)

5 Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats August 7, 2011 at 1:39 pm

It’s like peach crisp, but in bar form! Delicious!

6 Alex Santos August 10, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Hey! I made this the other night and it was delicious! I will definitely make this again!