Boy oh boy do I have a GOOD RECIPE FOR YOU!!! A couple of weeks ago, one of my best friends, Jen, made Buffalo Chicken pizza for her husband Adam, Harry, and myself (and herself of course haha). Anyway- the pizza was SO good…I absolutely loved it! Funny story about that night- Jen is a vegetarian and so she used fake chicken (that actually tasted good if I do say so myself…first experience with that stuff). Jen made this pizza on a Friday night and Harry is sitting there munching away on his pizza and I could tell he was trying to push the “chicken” to the side at first because it was Friday (aka NO MEAT!) and then I leaned over and said hey babe? Its fake chicken. you can eat it! hahaha he looked relieved to hear that. Anywayyyyy where was I? oh yes, the recipe! Jen told me that she got the recipe from the blog Taste and Tell….it is actually a 30 minute meal Rachel Ray recipe! When I looked it up online when I got home I was so surprised as to how quick this pizza is to make! It really takes NO TIME AT ALL to make! Perfect dinner to whip up during the busy week! And the result makes you appear as if you were a great cook haha.
I actually bought fresh dough from a pizza place in town (many pizza places will sell you raw dough…just ask!) and I used rotisserie chicken (saves time, it is moist, and easy to pull apart…win, win, win). Oh and also- when you roll out the dough make sure you roll it out on top of some flour AND make sure you put corn meal on your pizza peel (or whatever you use to prepare your pizza on) before placing it into the oven. I have a pizza stone in my oven that I place the pizza onto…so I used a pizza peel with cornmeal on it and placed the the pizza directly onto the pizza stone in the oven. But if you have a pizza pan that will work fine, too! Or if you want to make it EVEN easier- they sell those crusts that are already semi-baked and shaped. Not as fresh but hey it is still tasty!
- 2 large chicken breast halves (**we used rotisserie chicken)
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning
- 1 pound pizza dough, store bought or homemade
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons wing sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Preheat a grill pan.
- Cut the chicken breasts open like a book to create 4 thinner pieces of chicken. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the grill seasoning. When the grill is hot, add the chicken and cook until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Stretch the dough to form a pizza either using your hands or by rolling out with a rolling pin. Set the dough on a pizza pan, or if using a pizza stone, set your dough on a pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal or covered with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the Worcestershire, hot sauce and tomato sauce.
- When the chicken is done, remove to a cutting board and let rest for a few minutes. Thinly slice, then add to the hot sauce mixture and stir to coat the chicken. Cover the pizza dough with the chicken and sauce, then top with mozzarella, blue cheese and scallions.
- Place the pizza in the preheated oven and cook until the dough has browned and the cheese is bubbly, about 18 minutes.
Question: what is your favorite kind of pizza?