Howdy folks! Today I had 2 over-ripened bananas laying around. They were sitting there staring at me in the face, slowly rotting right in front of my eyes..poor little guys I usually either freeze over ripe bananas (*side-note: when you freeze bananas- take peel off first- and make smoothies with them- it makes the smoothie creamier!) or I make Hillary’s awesome granola bars . But I already had a lot of bananas in the freezer and just didn’t feel like making more granola bars and so I decided to try out a new recipe! WOO! HOW EXCITING!!! So I searched the internet and found this really simple, healthy, and delicious recipe I from the blog Simple Being Mommy. The muffins turned out great! They are perfect for a healthy snack (and smothered in peaannutttt buttterrrrrrrrr ahhhh) or to have with breakfast! Hope you enjoy
Makes 12 muffins.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (I used two bananas)
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat oil and honey together. Once combined, add eggs and mix well. Stir in banana and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt in increments.
- Add baking soda to hot water and stir to mix. Add to batter.
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Fill each opening 3/4 full of batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.