I hope you all had a nice weekend My weekend wasnt too exciting but it was EXACTLY what I needed. This past week the stress of this last summer semester of school hit me pretty hard. I hardly slept and started getting awful migraines (which is new for me…school induced migraines? hmm) and didnt even workout for a week! and it wasnt until thursday did I realize that I hadnt been outside for more than 5 minutes in about 5 days haha. Stress got the best of me this week. by the time Friday rolled around I just wanted to relax. I was going to suck it up and go out but I was tired, wanted to get a little work done, workout, eat dinner and go most of all…SLEEP! and so that is exactly what i did! It was nice to recharge the batteries I need to learn how to deal with stress better. I beat myself up too much last week! how do you deal with stress?
above and below photo are from: Two Peas & Their Pod
Saturday I was able to go on a nice little bike ride outside after studying at school. It felt great to be outside and it was absolutely gorgeoussssss outside!!!!! and I got take out Thai food with Harry Ive never had Thai food but I heard a lot of good things about this place in manayunk called Chabaa and Harry suggested that we try it out and we both loved it! We got ice cream/brownies from the market to have for dessert (my idea, duh) and we shared a bottle of wine. Harry was laughing at me because I got drunk off of a couple glasses of wine and he was completely sober. I was sitting there trying to study and had to put down the wine and pick up some brownies and icecream to sober down a bit! haha It was a nice and relaxing night with harry
Anyway…I have an AWESOME recipe for you! Apple Cinnamon Crumb Muffins. Easy to make (minus the buttermilk you probably have all of the ingredients at home) and they taste AWESOME!!!!! I found the recipe from one of my favorite blogs, Two Peas & Their Pod. These puppies will not let you down..they are great! Harry and I made breakfast today and had these on the side…yum yum yum. Im excited to have a good snack to bring to school with me this week (or something to eat with my breakfast other than the same old same old…boringggggg). The first two photos on this post are from Two Peas and their Pod and the second two are mine. My photos kinda STINKKKK so I wanted to show you how good these things actually are haha….If you try them…let me know how you like them! Here is the recipe:
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all-spice (I didnt have this on hand so I made my own…cinnamon+ground cloves + ground ginger)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups diced peeled apples (I use Granny Smith)
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and all-spice. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until just combined. Do not over mix. Add in the apples and stir until just combined.
3. To make the crumb topping, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and melted butter. Mix with a spoon until crumbly.
3. Fill the prepared muffin pan with muffin batter, filling each cup about 3/4 the way full. Sprinkle each muffin with crumb topping. Bake for 20 minutes, or until muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let muffins cool to room temperature and serve.
Have a nice week