I cannot believe that it is already Friday! Although I do wish 4th of July fell on a better day this year, it was a nice way to breakup the week! I went over my boyfriend’s house for a BBQ for the 4th. It was really relaxing and everything was delicious. It was so hot out though! I met Harry’s aunt/uncle and Mommom…they were all very nice! It was a nice way to spend my day off of school. P.s. didnt yesterday felt like it was monday?! Kind of awesome that it is already Friday…4th of July falling on a wednesday made the week fly by!
Anyway… since I had the day off of school for 4th of July I thought that while I had the time, before bed (at 10:30 at night…yes I know…I am a strange one) I decided to make some Apple Cinnamon Crumb Muffins. I also had some bananas about to go bad and so I looked up a new recipe for Banana Bread and ended up finding an awesome recipe!!! I usually make a healthified version of Whole Wheat Banana Bread which is really good, too….but I didnt have all the ingredients and I wanted to try something new (and less healthy than my other recipe haha). I wasnt planning on blogging this recipe but it tasted so good and I wanted to share.
So last night after I finished up my studying I whipped out the camera and had a photo shoot with some banana bread….as Harry was fast asleep in bed. He’s sleeping like a normal person should be an I’m taking dozens of photos of bread… why does he date me again?!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray one 9×5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray coating.
- Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and bananas.
- Sift together the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir in pecans. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Enjoy your weekend