OHHH yeah…CHIPOTLE. Love it. Last night Harry and I made a delicious, quick, and healthy dinner! I found this recipe from one of my favorite blogs, Cookin Canuck. This recipe is sorta of a “make-shift chiptole salad bowl”…. but in my opinion it tastes a lot better…more fresh, filling and healthy and doesnt leave you feeling gross after haha. Dara calls for avocado slices on her salad but I dunno….what’s a chipotle salad bowl without a hunkin’ dollop of guac? okay fine…mine wasnt a dollop–it was more like a LOAD of guac haha Either way, it’s delicious. I will warn you though, the marinade on the shrimp is SPICY…but Harry and I both really like spicy and it gave the bowl a great flavor!! Below is a photo of my boyfriend Harry cookin’ away…he is a great! I might just let him cook dinner more often for me…hehe
- 1 can (7.5 Oz. Size) Chipotle Peppers In Their Adobo Sauce
- 1 pound Shrimp, Thawed, Peeled And Deveined
- ½ cups Brown Jasmine Rice
- ½ cups Freshly Cilantro, Chopped (we left this out because harry thinks cilantro tastes like stink bugs!!! yeah i know…weirdooooo)
- 1 whole Lime, Divided
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cups Frozen Corn (or fresh)
- 1 can (14.5 Oz. Size) Black Beans, drained And rinsed
- 1 pinch Coarse Salt And Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 heads Romaine Hearts, Sliced Into Thin Ribbons And Chopped
- 1 whole Avocado, diced (we made GUAC instead )
- ½ cups Cherry Tomatoes (or plum)
- fresh salsa (optional)
- Puree the chipotle peppers and their sauce in a small food processor until smooth. Pour into a small baggy. Dump the shrimp into the baggy and squish the sauce all around them, getting everything all coated. Stick in the fridge and marinate as long as you want.
- In the meantime, cook the rice in a rice cooker (or the traditional way) with the cilantro and the juice from 1/2 the lime. Once cooked, give another squeeze of lime juice into it.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan and add the corn and beans. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, along with the cumin and chili powder. Keep heated on low until you’re ready to assemble.
- Layer the shrimp in a medium skillet (you don’t need any oil as the marinade is plenty liquidy) and sear the shrimp one on side for 2 minutes. Flip and sear another minute.
- Evenly divide the romaine over 2 large plates or dinner bowls. Top with rice, corn and beans, shrimp, avocado and tomatoes.
- Garnish with more lime and another giant squeeze of lime juice!
So back in June I went to Toronto and on the way home got stuck in the Toronto airport. I was NOT a happy camper….until I found this gem… a Cadbury pretzel and peanut butter chocolate bar. When I got home to Philly I tried to find the bar only to realize that it is MADE IN TORONTO ONLY!!!! NO!!!!! So one day I logged onto Amazon, saw that they sold it on there.. and bought the chocolate…. YES, that is correct. I ordered chocolate from Canada on AMAZON. HAHA! FATTYYYY! It’s awesome though. If you tasted this chocolate, you would know why I went to that measure to buy it from another country. It is so so so delciious. It was worth the money.
Last night after dinner harry and I made some coffee and had some of this chocolate. He finished his in second (why do guys inhale their food?! haha) and then attacked me for my chocolate! We were wrestling on the ground and he eventually snagged a bite. I was PISSED. DO NOT TOUCH MY CHOCOLATE, EVER AGAIN!!!!! I hope he learned his lesson :)
What are you up to this weekend???? Whatever you do, hope its nice and relaxing have a nice friday!