Pan-fried Wild Alaskan Halibut
Pan-Fried Wild Alaskan Halibut
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (regular or panko)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 2 large egg whites
- ~1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons (or more) canola oil
- lemon slices, for serving
- Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, and kosher salt in bowl.
- Whisk egg whites and milk in bowl.
- Add fish to egg/milk mixture and turn to coat; shake off excess, then turn fish in breadcrumb mixture to coat all sides. Place on plate.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish.
- Cook until golden and just opaque in center, a few minutes per side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with a slice of lemon.