Fall linguine with Roasted Squash & Kale
Fall Linguine with Roasted Squash & Kale
- fresh linguine, 1/2 pound
- 1-2 cups of butternut squash, chopped
- 1-2 cups of kale, chopped
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh sage, chopped
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss butternut squash with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Roast for about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook for a few minutes and then add wine.
- Cook until wine evaporates and add the kale. Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook until kale cooks down.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta a few minutes if using fresh pasta or according to package to directions. Reserve pasta cooking water.
- Add roasted squash to pan with kale.
- When pasta is done cooking, transfer over to pan with the rest of the ingredients. Add pasta cooking water to thin out sauce. Add sage and parmesan and goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and top with additional parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.