Mac and Goat Cheese
This is Sweet Cheek’s in the Kitchen’s recipe for Goat Mac and Cheese. It is a sort of “gourmet” twist on a classic favorite. This recipe is so easy to make, tastes great, and doesnt break the wallet! Our whole family loved it. Several of our friends have made it for their families…all have only great things to say about it. Unless you HATE goat cheese, you will LOVE this recipe!
Yield: 4 servings
- 3/4 pound macaroni pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- One 9-ounce bag spinach
- Salt and pepper
- 6 ounces goat cheese, broken into chunks
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water, and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, spinach and the reserved pasta water and cook until heated through, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir into the pasta along with the goat cheese. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle the walnuts on top.